April 15, 2013

How To: Wash Your Makeup Brushes

Everyone has a technique for cleaning their brushes. I've learned how to wash my brushes through watching YouTube videos and just through trial and error. If you'd like to learn how I wash my brushes, keep reading! :)

My technique is fairly simple. I take baby shampoo. I purchased the generic brand at Walmart. I chose baby shampoo because it cleans well with being hydrating at the same time. I run my brushes through cold water, put a dab of soap on my hand, and swirl them until they are completely clean. I then rinse them out until I see there is no more soap left on the bristles.
 
Next, I lay them on a paper towel to dry over night. If I washed fluffy brushes with natural bristles, I like to take a brush guard to put over them. I've experienced that if I don't do that, they tend to look raggedy the next time I go to use them.
 

Ta da! My brushes are all clean! :) What method do you use to wash your brushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment